About Raven Gemini
Raven Gemini (that’s me!) is Chicago’s original burlesque-dancing photographer.
My interest in photography started when I was about 10, running around the northern Michigan woods with my Kodak Cameo 110 camera taking out-of-focus photos of bees and wild daisies. I continued to play with cameras as a hobby until 2012, when a chance trip to Tennessee with Red Hot Annie gave me the opportunity to shoot my first burlesque show. I had already been performing burlesque for a year, but shooting my first live show was a magical experience.
Since that first burlesque show, I’ve photographed numerous performances, including the Windy City Burlesque Festival, and I specialize in extraordinary lifestyle portraits and performance photography.
When I’m not photographing showgirls, actors, musicians, or you(!), you can probably find me:
- At my favorite coffee shop, lingering over a mocha
- Contributing to my lifestyle/fashion blog, Revisionist Vintage
- Sewing the next funky contribution to my wardrobe, usually while watching reruns of Match Game ’78
- Rehearsing and teaching burlesque and fan dancing with Vaudezilla
- Cuddling my kitty, Sinatra
Seriously, he’s pretty cuddly.
Last but certainly not least, if you’re here and you’ve read this far, thank you! Maybe you’d like to become a fan or follow me on Instagram for all the backstage, behind-the-scenes madness that accompanies me wherever I go? I promise I read everything you send my way, and I’ll do my best to respond. Thanks a bunch, and I’ll see you on the flip side!